Coin-Miners - Crypto Currency Tracker logo Coin-Miners - Crypto Currency Tracker logo

Cryptoknowmics 2022-10-07 07:55:20

MakerDAO DeFi Platform Taps TradFi, Invests $500M in Bonds, Treasuries

MakerDAO, a pioneer in decentralized finance (DeFi), would convert up to $500 million worth of its DAI stablecoin for usage in bonds and treasuries. After a vote to diversify the protocol’s portfolio, Maker Governance carried out the change on October 6. The money would be invested in investment-grade corporate bonds and short-term U.S. government bonds, which have historically been haven assets during turbulent economic periods. Maker Governance executed the first DAO balance sheet investment in high-quality bonds. MIP65: Monetalis Clydesdale will activate a Maker Vault for the purpose of investing PSM’s USDC in liquid bond strategies with a debt ceiling of 500 million DAI. pic.twitter.com/LlpBUkYXxE — Maker (@MakerDAO) October 6, 2022 DAI Allocation To Promote Usability Of Digital Assets The allotment of DAI would “increase the usage of digital assets in the traditional space, extending DAI’s reach beyond crypto,” the company claims. A first vote was held in June. DeFi asset advisor Monetalis has now finished the first $1 million deployment. 20% of the investment would go to corporate bonds, with the remaining 80% going to short-term treasuries. Treasury bills are short-term U.S. government securities with maturities ranging from a few days to a year discounted at their face value. Corporate bonds are debt instruments that companies issue and sell to investors. MakerDAO Invests In Bonds And Treasuries The 80-20 split between...

freebitcoin
Read the Disclaimer : All content provided herein our website, hyperlinked sites, associated applications, forums, blogs, social media accounts and other platforms (“Site”) is for your general information only, procured from third party sources. We make no warranties of any kind in relation to our content, including but not limited to accuracy and updatedness. No part of the content that we provide constitutes financial advice, legal advice or any other form of advice meant for your specific reliance for any purpose. Any use or reliance on our content is solely at your own risk and discretion. You should conduct your own research, review, analyse and verify our content before relying on them. Trading is a highly risky activity that can lead to major losses, please therefore consult your financial advisor before making any decision. No content on our Site is meant to be a solicitation or offer.